A thrift flip or thrift store flipping is taking a garment you buy in a charity/thrift shop or something you have in your wardrobe, making a few creative upgrades, and turning it into something new and stylish. We have been doing this for years but now it has its own # on Instagram so itsings officially a trend!
DIY Thrift Flip Ideas – Making something new from something old
4 Thrift Store Flipping Ideas
Here are a few ideas for you. Have you ever wondered what to do with your old clothes, books, furniture or other items that you no longer need or use? Instead of throwing them away or donating them, why not try to make something new from something old? You can unleash your creativity and save money by transforming your old stuff into something useful, beautiful or fun. Here are some ideas to inspire you:
- Clothes – Turn your old T-shirts into tote bags, pillows, rugs, quilts or scarves. You can cut, sew, knot, braid or dye them to create unique accessories or home décor items.
- Turn your old books into art, jewellery, planters, shelves or lamps. You can fold, cut, glue, paint or drill them to create stunning pieces of art or functional objects.
- Turn your old furniture into new furniture, storage units, pet beds or playhouses. You can sand, paint, stain, upholster or repurpose them to give them a new look and a new purpose.
- Turn your old jars, bottles, cans or boxes into vases, candle holders, organizers, planters or lanterns. You can decorate, label, fill or hang them to create charming and practical items for your home or garden.
Thrift flipping XL Men’s Shirts
Previously on LDJ
Find me On Instagram Pinterest & Facebook
The Latest Stories . . .
- Skincare Rituals That Help Me Sleep Soundly at night
- 6 Fireside Accessories You Need for your fireplace
- 5 Unusual Gifts For The Difficult To Buy For
- Gifts For A Cosy Christmas With Brands That Care
- Advent Calendar Inspo for All the Family inc. the Dog!
- Sweater Weather 6 Cosy Classic Knits The Budget Edit