Warning Mini Size Travel Beauty Products Are Not Sustainable!
Mini travel beauty products such as shampoo bottles, toothpaste tubes, and soap bars, may seem convenient and practical for travellers, but they are not sustainable for the environment. These products generate a lot of plastic waste that ends up in landfills or oceans, harming wildlife and ecosystems. They have small components such as lids and seals that cannot be recycled. Moreover, they are often more expensive per unit than regular-sized products, making them a poor choice for budget-conscious travellers.
Please note this post Contains gifted products denoted * and may contain affiliate links
So What is the Alternative To Travel Size Beauty Products?
A better alternative is to use reusable containers and refill them with your favourite products, or to opt for solid or biodegradable versions of toiletries that do not require packaging. This way, you can reduce your environmental impact and save money while traveling.
Shop here, simply click the numbers all details below . . .
Solid beauty Products For Travel Including Green People’s New Sustainable Travel Products
Green people have recently introduced some solid beauty products for travel. Three solid 50g shampoo bars, natural, organic and cruelty free. Whilst traveling you can keep the soap in the box, Zero waste and plastic free! I have tried them all, There is a Eucalyptus and Mint, and a Scent Free version My favourite is the Citrus and Ginger solid shampoo bar. My hair smelt lovely and felt soft and smooth. None of them left my hair frizzy.
1. Citrus and Ginger Solid Shampoo bar *
Suitable for all hair types, including:
- Dry hair
- Coloured hair
- Damaged hair
- Wavy, curly & straight hair
- Thick & fine hair
2. One Balm a Multi-tasking skin saviour in a 100% biodegradable pot *
I absolutely love this balm, it is indeed a hard working multi tasker. Amongst other uses great as a lip and elbow balm. I have even used it as a moisturiser on my face. It felt extra soothing, and my freshly hydrated skin glowed.
- Organic multi-purpose balm for instant skin rescue
- Restorative Rosehip and Myrrh soothe dry skin
- Protective plant oils care for cuticles and nurture an effective skin barrier
- Reparative actives assist with tattoo aftercare and help heal inflamed skin
- Creates a calm cleansing experience by gently lifting oil-based makeup
- The UK’s first 100% biodegradable pot – please use within 6 months of opening
- 99% certified organic ingredients
3.For Decanting Beauty Products.
Untried but if I was traveling soon I’d buy these. They are squeezable, so will be handy for body wash and body lotion. My two Shower essentials!
4. Wild Natural Refillable Deodorant *
Wild deodorant – Made with Natural ingredients and featuring an aluminium refillable case. I can confirm this stuff works and smells great. I will be buying the refills, they last a long time . . . Available direct from the website and also from Boots here
We’ve created a reusable deodorant applicator made from aluminium that will last you a lifetime.
Forget waste, you can refill your case again and again with our bamboo pulp deodorant refills which we’ll deliver straight to your door. Every time you refill your case, you’ll save 30 grams of plastic going to landfill.We are Wild.
5. Moisturising After Sun With Insect Repellent*
A two in one product like this, is always useful. I dislike sprays or candles that repel insects because they usuall smell awful (fake chemical lemon anyone?) . I have tried this and it smells fresh and minty with a little hint of lavender. We have been using it when we sit outside in the evening drinking sundowners. No bites and it soothes sun warmed skin too, win win!
Previously . . .
Find me On Instagram Pinterest & Facebook
The Latest Stories . . .
- Skincare Rituals That Help Me Sleep Soundly at night
- 6 Fireside Accessories You Need for your fireplace
- 5 Unusual Gifts For The Difficult To Buy For
- Gifts For A Cosy Christmas With Brands That Care
- Advent Calendar Inspo for All the Family inc. the Dog!
- Sweater Weather 6 Cosy Classic Knits The Budget Edit