The big question is to celebrate or not to celebrate? Or is commercialism overtaking yet another day in the calendar of our lives. St. Valentines day however, celebrates love and love is everything. I believe love should be celebrated where ever you find it. Not just romantic love either, how about the love for our pets, brotherly love and of course partnership love where we celebrate the special loves and lovers who are part of our lives?
What is Galantines Day?
Galantines is an evolution of Valentines Day, It is when we celebrate the love and friendship of all the women in our lives. I love this idea, it is very easy to take female friendships for granted. So a chance to celebrate them is a win win, and a great excuse for an afternoon tea. Take a look at these sublime beauty gift ideas, I for one would appreciate any of these (hint, hint if you are reading this darling!) M&S as ever have some wonderful floral gifts but I also fancy this pair of pyjamas too!
Warning 8 Days To Go Until Valentines Day on Tuesday 14th February!
Why do we give chocolates On Valentine’s day?
The Valentine’s Day tradition of giving a box of chocolates was started in the 19th century by Richard Cadbury. A scion of a British chocolate manufacturing family. With new techniques recently established at the company to create more varieties of chocolate, Cadbury pounced on the opportunity to sell the chocolates as part of the beloved holiday. Talk about commercialisation eh?
Valentines Day Gifts Inspiration for Him
I know the men in my house would love these, especially that back gammon set. Simply click the pics for details.
If you like fragrances you may want to look at these valentines day offers?
- Tom Ford fragrance discounts
- Maison Margiela Discounts my favourite fragrances right now
- Up to 25% off selected Gucci Fragrance
Inspirational Valentines Day gifts for Her.
Top Tip send and or show this to your other half ! Click the numbers to see the details . . .
On my Valentines day Wishlist. ‘You’re the one that I want’
This little ring has been on my radar and on my wish list for sometime, I might even have to buy one for myself, I bloody love them! Pop over and take a look at the range
Older posts you may enjoy . . .
- I found a 105 year old Valentine card (Opens in a new browser tab)
- Valentine Cookies for Dogs Whatever Next? (Opens in a new browser tab)
- ARKET Gifts For My Valentine (Opens in a new browser tab)
- Crochet your own rose bush for Valentines day?(Opens in a new browser tab)
Find me On Instagram Pinterest & Facebook
Previously On LDJ . . .
- Trend Patterns Sewing The Hood
- Nail Colour A Spring Summer Trend
- February 2023 6 Things Tried, Bought & Loved
- Cargo Pants For Women Easier Than Jeans!
- Texture Using your Sewing Machine to Create Detail
- His & Hers Valentines Day Inspiration