This cosy crochet project was finished just in time to wear during Storm Eunice. Soft, warm and squishy all thanks to Lion Brands Scarfie yarn.
I found this and some good alternatives on Lovecrafts.com a brilliant site for anything crafty. sewing, knitting or crochet. .
The pattern is by Make and Do crew but can also be bought and downloaded for only £3.47 Here
Patchwork Cardi details
Patchwork party cardi Pattern by Jess from Make and Do Crew
The pattern recommends six balls of Scarfie yarn, but as it is around £10 per ball, I found this too expensive and got away with four. Please note 5 balls would be better, as I did have to leave the pockets out!
I used the recommended hook sizes and otherwise followed the pattern as is. the pattern is easy to understand, worked in strips, which saves time on joining afterwards!
The rib is added at the end. It took me approximately 2 weeks to finish.
Buttons are all reused and reloved, from my huge vintage button collection!
Yarn details for crochet Patchwork Cardigan
As mentioned above I used scarfie yarn by lionbrand
Colours: I used one each of these colours . . .you may need one more if you want pockets?
- Lion Brand Scarfie Cream and Taupe
- Teal and Cream – lion Brand Scarfie
- Pink and silver – Lion Brand Scarfie
- Mushroom and Blush – Lion Brand Scarfie
Find me On Instagram Pinterest & Facebook
Previously On LDJ . . .
- Down by the Sea A Clever Crochet Blanket
- Dry January Notes on how to survive it
- Nelly Jacket By Juliana Martejevs How I sewed Mine
- Bath and Body Gift Guides £5 – £99
- Vintage Fabric & Sewing A Liberty Pattern
- Home Fragrance 19 Candles A Christmas Gift Guide