Like you, I have favourite crochet designers and I have to admit to having a favourite amongst these 3 new crochet books. I wonder, is it allowed to have favourites when reviewing books? It think it is a personal choice and will of course depend on your level of crochet experience or on what you prefer to make. So before we go delve further into the reviews, I am going to reveal that Textured Crochet is my top pick of these 3 books.
Modern guide To Textured Crochet By Lee Sartori.
A Collection of Wonderfully Tactile Stitches.
Bobble stitch, popcorn stitch,puff stitch do you know the difference? If not this book explains everything for you. This book will teach you 40 tactile stitches and is suitable for all levels of crocheting ability, from beginner to expert! Lee Sartori has a fun and informative blog and a bright and cheery You may already follow her. The book is organised by seasons and I can highly recommend it, if you crochet you need this book!
Why I love Textured Crochet Best:
- Excellent reference book for learning new stitches.
- Has written patterns and charts.
- Abbreviations on each page (so you dont have to keep turning to back or front of book to check)
- Clear and simple photographic examples.
- A few projects included and some beautiful squares to make up into a blanket,
Favourite Textured Crochet Project?
So hard to decide but I love the Tanya ice cream tote and the Joanie Shawl, although I would make them both in a single neutral colour. The textures are superb!
Textured Crochet The Book Details
- Published April 2021 By Searchpress £12.99
- Available from Amazon
- ISBN 978-1-78221-953-8
Crochet little heroes By Orsi Farkasvolgyi 20 Amigurumi Dolls To Make and Inspire.
There are a few amigurumi crochet books similar to this one. Crocheting icons is a big ‘thing’ I mention this because I prefer crochet designers who put there own style on a crochet person and Orsi Farkasvolgyi does this beautifully. So well in fact that I chose to hook up Maya Angelou, one of my personal heroes.
There are lots more to choose from, perhaps you fancy hooking up Prince or Rita Moreno. How about Coco Chanel from her Deauville days or even Jane Goodall? One of the reasons to admire this book is the diverse choice of heroes! You can find more of Orsi’s work on instagram
Why I like this book:
- Diverse choice of ‘Heroes’ to hook up.
- Clear instructions with English stitches.
- Good finishing and making up information.
- Choice of colours are realistic but not garish.
Crochet little Heroes Book details
- Published by Searchpress £9.99
- ISBN 978-1-78221-952-1
- Available from
Block By block Crochet By Leoni Morgan Quilt Inspired Patchwork Blocks to Mix and match
A clever crochet combination of simple stitches and bright colours go to make up a book that should be on every crocheters book shelf. Easy and simple instructions on how to make up squares that fit together to make up glorious colourful and textured crochet items for your home. Cushions blankets or even a tote bag. The blocks are given names just like in traditional quilting, fading arrows or flock of birds anyone? The book has four projects included: a boho bag, two blankets and a contemporary and colourful cushion design.
Block By Block The Book Details
- Published by Searchpress £10.99
- ISBN 978-1-78221-925-5
- Available on Amazon
Which one would you choose? My cat loves the yarn best!
Do have a look at my Crochet Category Page for more crochet and yarn stuff!
Find me On Instagram Pinterest & Facebook
The Latest Stories . . .
- Skincare Rituals That Help Me Sleep Soundly at night
- 6 Fireside Accessories You Need for your fireplace
- 5 Unusual Gifts For The Difficult To Buy For
- Gifts For A Cosy Christmas With Brands That Care
- Advent Calendar Inspo for All the Family inc. the Dog!
- Sweater Weather 6 Cosy Classic Knits The Budget Edit