The weather app said sunshine with cloudy patches, predicting it will feel warm in the sunshine, breezy on the coast. Weather apps and weather predictions do not usually interest me, but on Sunday morning I checked it every 10 minutes! Why? Last Sunday we had our first outing together post lockdown 3. A huge step forward into freedom and fun for us both. But what to wear, how to dress not only for the occasion, lunch outside but also for the weather. Time to put on a real outfit, aka ‘real’ clothes that other people will see, as opposed to a stained sweatshirt and joggers that only the cats and dogs saw!
Post Lockdown Outfit Decisions . . .
We were booked to eat Lunch outside at the beautiful Pig On The Beach Hotel at Studland Bay in Dorset. A mere half an hour drive for us. But meanwhile I had some decisions to make.
All those decisions (don’t laugh but they almost floored me) I always know what to wear, this was new territory for me. I am decisive, opinionated and bossy, but here I was reduced to a quivering wreck, staring at a mess of rejected clothes piled high on the bed. The cat however, was in heaven as he started to build a nest in the middle of it all!
Why was it so hard to choose a post lockdown outfit?
Sooo many things to consider, my main dilemmas were;
- The first decision a dress or trousers? It had to be trousers, I would be too cold with bare legs by the sea plus my legs are winter white.
- Will it be a t-shirt, a shirt or a sweater? I check the weather again, no change so far so I decided on all three!
- Layers it is, but how many and will I need a jacket or a coat? I went with yet another jumper and a jacket but left both in the car for emergencies.
- Footwear. Sandals, Brogues or Birkenstocks? Considering we would be walking on the beach I went with my comfy but smart Veja trainers. A wise decision.
The secret to a post lockdown outfit is layers, lots of them!
What I wore: The Details
- Cream wide leg jeans from Uniqlo sold out but similar here
- White shirt by Emin and Paul sold out but similar here
- Cream Jumper 1 is sleeveless knitted vest from H&M in beige or cream here.
- Beige jumper 2 is a raw wool sweater from Arket. Similar here
- Trainers from Veja just like these from Arket
Click the numbers below to browse the items, all affiliate links.
For your face, don’t forget your SPF 50 & your sunnies!
Older posts you may have missed?
- Carolyn Pyjamas By Closet Core Patterns A Sewing Pattern Review
- August 2021 Making Reading Watching & Applying
- Summer Fragrance Ideas For Your Hair & Your Home
- A Vali Dress Reconnecting With The Joy Of Sewing
- Packing For A Casual Summer UK Weekend Break