Blog Maintenance 5 Actions For Each Season
Blogging is not just about pretty pictures and catchy headlines. It is also about blog maintenance which is a bit like housework, in that a little everyday, on a regular basis, keeps everything in order. For instance you wouldn’t ride your bike without checking the tyres first, would you? For a blog to be successful it needs to be found and read by a worldwide audience. Once people find your blog, ideally you will want your followers to keep reading the posts and subscribe to your email list for updates.. Read on to find out a few tips that hopefully will help keep you blog updated and popular . . .
Beginner Friendly Blog Maintenance.
1. Start by viewing your home page from a reader’s point of view. By looking at the images on your home page (what do you mean you don’t have a home page? It is the cover to your blog ‘magazine’ set one up as soon as you can) is it obvious as to what your blog is about? Are your images dated? Are they from last year? If so update them with some recent images, preferably in season.
2. Update your about me page or the about widget on your side bar. I try to do this every 6 months in Autumn/Winter and then again in Spring/Summer. Everyone enjoys seeing new content and fresh branding. If an image has been around forever, we tend not to notice it anymore. I am just about to update my images, just waiting for the right weather and outfit!
3. If you update your blog profile then I would suggest updating all your social media profiles too, use the same images throughout. Make sure all your channels are refreshed and updated with your branding colours and information. If you signed up to affiliate accounts, or pr accounts make sure these are updated too, as it is easy to forget them. Everything should look streamlined and professional.
4. What about your ‘tag line’ also known as your ‘strap line’ (you know those words up under your logo) is yours still relevant? At present I dont have one under my logo header, but I have one on everything else. Mine is Celebrating Midlife. Is yours up-to-date with your blog message? For instance did you used to blog about Beauty in general but now you prefer writing about and using ‘Cruelty Free’ beauty products. If so, this should be included in either your bio or your tag line.
Don’t forget SEO Blog Maintenance
5. I recently noticed that an old blog post that usually brings in a regular affiliate income was no longer delivering! On closer investigation and with a little research I learnt that google prefers to visit fresh blog posts. After editing that post and re-checking all the links, it is now delivering as usual. I am therefore going to tidy up, refresh and edit more of my best performing blog posts. A big job, but I aim to do one a day during the week.
My Top 5 Blog Maintenance Tips are:
- Update your home page images
- Refresh your about me page or bio.
- Update your social media profiles and bios, use the same image.
- Make sure your tag line is still relevant.
- Check your best affiliate links are still working and update old posts.
Find me On Instagram Pinterest & Facebook
Previously On LDJ . . .
- Summer Essentials With Fitflop & Cotton Traders
- Ballet Pumps A Perfect On Trend Midlife Summer Style
- How an Ex Dining Room Evolved into a Snug
- Jumpsuit Trends & 5 Sewing Patterns
- Trend Patterns Sewing The Hood
- Nail Colour A Spring Summer Trend