Lockdown as that saying about life states ‘is what you make it’ never a truer word especially when you are an actual maker/creator and make physical things. Therefore. it goes with out saying, that for me, lockdown became the biggest excuse to crochet! Here then are eight of my completed lockdown crochet projects They are more but I need to photograph them. . .and a few still to be put together. !
A Few Completed Lockdown Crochet Projects
Where to begin? I hooked up, blankets, cardigans, scarves, collars, fingerless gloves the list goes on. I am presently working on a jumper very similar to one that my mother had in the 1960’s and that i used to borrow in the late 1970’s! most of the finished patterns are very suitable for beginners crochet projects
My favourite lockdown crochet projects were these two:
- Pattern Rain Fall Cardigan By Little Golden Nook Ravelry
- Hook : 5 mm UK,
- Yarn Paintbox Simply Arran in slate grey
- Pattern:: Whole Dot Of Love blanket by Little Golden Nook on Ravelry,
- All details of yarn, hook and colours can be found here
There were others . . .
Details (Read The Post)
- Pattern: Habitat Cardigan by Make and do crew
- Yarn: Simply Arran Paintbox yarns in col 208 light caramel
- Hook 6mm & 6.5 mm
- Pattern Horizon Gloves Free Pattern by Make and do crew
- Yarn Rico soft print Arran in powder colour
- Hook; 5mm
Details (Read More Here)
- Pattern; free on her blog Colour Pop Super Scarf by two of wands
- Yarn Hue and Me (chunky weight)
- Hook; 6mm
- Pattern, mine simple squares with repetitive crochet stitches in rows or squares.
- Hook 5mm
- Yarn cotton dk and arran weight scraps
Last but not least a favourite for personal reasons . . .
My son took this one with him when he left for university this year, he helped me choose the colours and suggested layouts, he even agreed to pose for the photo. A lockdown crochet project made with love during an emotional roller coaster of a year!
- Pattern Memphis Blanket By Katie Jones Knit. details on her blog.
- Hook size 4mm
- Yarn left over dk acrylic yarn in various colours mostly from stylecraft.
Have you read these other crochet posts?
- Where to find Crochet Inspiration for your Next Project
- Crochet bunny plant pot holder…
- asymetric Ponch The last make of 2015
Do have a look at my Crochet Category Page for more crochet and yarn stuff!
Or check out the LDJ Home Page for all the latest posts.
Find me On Instagram Pinterest & Facebook
Previously On LDJ . . .
- Summer Essentials With Fitflop & Cotton Traders
- Ballet Pumps A Perfect On Trend Midlife Summer Style
- How an Ex Dining Room Evolved into a Snug
- Jumpsuit Trends & 5 Sewing Patterns
- Trend Patterns Sewing The Hood
- Nail Colour A Spring Summer Trend