Crochet Cape or a Wrap? Westbound Poncho by Two of Wands
Have you noticed the recent Cape Trend? looks like capes and wraps are back, I for one am very pleased, I used to have some lovely ones back in the 80’s. Capes are easy to wear with anything and a crochet cape is easy, quick and enjoyable to make. This one is from a pattern by Two Of wands
Crochet Cape aka Westbound Poncho by Two Of Wands
I am a huge fan of Alex’s aka The Two of wands. Her patterns are modern, contemporary and very wearable. Useful garments and lust worthy blankets, in muted, subtle colours. Did you see the Catalina Wrap I made last year?
I think this project is more like a cape than a poncho Alex has named it ‘Westbound Poncho’ it is also a bit like the poncho Clint Eastwood wears in his film ‘A Fistful of Dollars’ dont you think?
Crochet Cape The Details:
Hook: I used a 6 mm
Pattern: By Two Of Wands available here
- I needed to use less stitches because I was using chunky yarn, otherwise it would have been far too big. In other words I winged it, and undid it many times.
- The original PDF pattern has a stitch diagrams that also shows sketches of the crochet cape with a tasseled fringe edge. I loved this idea so much I used up the left over yarn and adapted.
- I also changed the use of colours as my stitches were larger, but kept to the overall muted, minimal scheme of cream brown beige and black.
A note on why I love to crochet
For me crochet is a winter hobby and sewing is my go to summer obsession. However, I am fast becoming a crochet geek, I know this because, I dream in colour and I dream about crocheting! I love to start new patterns and projects. I crochet in the evening and I find it calms my giddy brain and readies me for sleep. The best thing is that I have become more organised. Last year I actually finished some abandoned projects and decluttered and donated some leftover yarn. I love this quote by Taylor and I wholeheartedly agree with her…
“When I get on a roll with something, it’s really hard for me to put it down unfinishedTaylor Swift
Did you see me wearing a vintage Welsh wool cape in this post
CHECK OUT THE HOME PAGE FOR ALL THE LATEST POSTS
Find me On Instagram Pinterest & Facebook
Previously On LDJ . . .
- Vintage Fabric & Sewing A Liberty Pattern
- Home Fragrance 19 Candles A Christmas Gift Guide
- Wunderbrow to the Rescue for Midlife Brows
- Jeans And Jumpers 5 Winter Hero Outfits To Suit All Budgets
- The Ellis Dress Merchant & Mills Fall Sewing
- Autumn Fragrance Scents of the Season & Floral Street