As 2019 draws to a close, I intend to glance back at the last year to celebrate my achievements. I will not look back with regret, or wish I’d done things differently. I will search for all the special moments, for the wins, however small they may be. Positivity rocks!
So as I reach to change over the year numbers on our wall, as I do every year, allow me to indulge in an annual review post…
My 2019 in a nutshell:
The Personal Stuff
2019 taught me to trust my instincts and always be true to myself (trust me, it is not as easy as it sounds)
I learnt that surrounding myself with like minded, creative and positive people made me feel so much happier than mixing with the negative nay sayers or the ‘moaning Minnies’ as my Nan used to call them!
I believe at my age life is too precious for any toxicity in any relationship.
This year, unlike last year, I embraced my creativity 100%. I learnt that when you have a passion for a subject it can bring you and even your loved one’s even greater happiness. How? because happiness and contentment are contagious!
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””]I intend to glance back to celebrate my achievements. I will not look back with regret or wish I’d done things differently. [/perfectpullquote]
In 2019 I learnt to be brave, to step out of my comfort zone and to approach people with my ideas. I learnt to have confidence in my abilities and my projects, albeit blogging, photography or sewing and crochet.
I am proud of all I have achieved this year. Especially as a self-employed woman (in my mid 50’s) competing in a world that celebrates youth. I am thriving in a technological marketplace, teaching myself everything from scratch and learning the rest by trial and error. Oh, those errors!
However, as I previously mentioned above, this is a statement of positivity, not a list of regrets so I am giving myself a silent round of applause…
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””]…this is a statement of positivity, not a list of regrets, I am giving myself a silent round of applause![/perfectpullquote]
Blogging in 2019 a look back:
Can you believe that LDJ is now 7 years old? For me 2019 was a year of consolidation. I reassessed, I stepped back from all the superficial, press events and took stock of what I want to say. The important thoughts on where I am now and where I want to be. As ever more blogs are started and abandoned I am proud to still even be here. I love and enjoy blogging, especially that wonderful feeling that follows when the ‘publish’ button is pressed, it simply cannot be beaten…
The top 5 Posts on LDJ that you liked best:
I must admit I have been suprised by these results, a mixture of beauty, skincare, sewing and the menopause! Perhaps my SEO (search engine optimization) skills have improved this year? You decide…
- A Trinny London makeup review on the BFF cream that I love so much.
- Another Trinny London review on the latest products take a look!
- Its all about the menopause and me
- The one about ‘what I learnt from losing my 15.8k instagram account and an update’
- A sewing post! I loved the pics that Marc took in this post of me prancing around in a corn field!
Some of my favourite posts, in no particular order…
If you are a regular reader, you will have noticed that 2019 was the year I slowed down my buying habits, decluttered everything and everywhere (an ongoing project)
As a family in 2019 we tried very hard to be as sustainable as possible, with this in mind, these were the posts I enjoyed sharing with you…
- Green beauty – are we being tricked into purchasing? What it really means and other snippets.
- Buying less for a new season by checking what was already in my wardrobe
- You all liked this one too and I had so much fun sorting out my brooch drawer for the photos
- This one I love because its one of my fave dresses and I will wear it again next year
- How could I not include this one with Murphy and he was so good!
Blogging Plans for 2020 a look ahead:
- More of the same aka the things you like and the subjects I love to write about.
- I will be upping my layout and design game and re-branding, you probably won’t even notice the difference!
- I plan on attending a photography course.
- My major goal is to be more consistent, the hardest thing for me!
- In line with my sustainability goals I will be making more clothes in 2020.
- I already have some lovely campaigns to work on for 2020, so keep up with me by signing up for updates via the email subscription form below!
Personal goals for 2020; aka all the usual suspects!
- Walk more
- Drink less
- Stop biting my nails (yet again)
- To always look for the positive, just call me little miss sunshine!
- To look after myself and my body, for age related health reasons not for vanity, overall I aim to be kinder to myself.
For still reading and for all your positivity and support over the years. Lazy daisy Jones was started in late 2012 and would not still be here if it were not for you!
Photo Credit: Top 4 and last 2 photos shot by Charlotte Bryer-Ash Photography.
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””]I already have some lovely campaigns to work on for 2020 and as usual, so much to discuss! Why not keep up with me by signing up for updates via your inbox? The subscription form is below…[/perfectpullquote]
Have A Look At My
OR COME & FIND ME ON&