How would you describe your personal style of dressing? It is not something I often think about but the subject came up in a conversation last week. It made me think long and hard, I even clicked through some of my old outfit posts there are some horrors in there, talk about evolving style! I love to ‘mix and mash‘ and prefer to wear clothes by brands like Baukjen that do the same. So, to cut a long story short; I am a classically casual ‘jeans and a nice top’ girl and I always will be…
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””]…to cut a long story short, I am a classically casual, ‘jeans and a nice top’ girl and always will be.[/perfectpullquote]
Checking out a large Rook just above my head – I’m terrified of birds!
Wearing Baukjen again!
The classic Boyfriend Jeans
Did you see me wearing my Baukjen boyfriend jeans on the beach?Soft and comfy they wash up a treat. Please dont tell anyone but I didn’t even iron them.
The Jasmine Blouse:
Last Sunday I took my boyfriend jeans and my old man (with the camera) for a stroll in our local bluebell woods. This time I teamed them with this pretty Jasmine blouse.
Appropriately, this delicately pretty Georgette fabric blouse, has bluebells and other meadow flora featured on the hand painted print. Semi-transparent, its cleverly lined for modesty at the front and left sheer on the sleeves and back.
Cool, comfortable and smart enough to wear to the pub afterwards for tea!
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””] Semi-transparent, its cleverly lined for modesty at the front and left sheer on the sleeves and back. [/perfectpullquote]
Van-Dal Burnham leather mules in Midnight Suede
Did I mention I adore suede shoes? Always my first choice so much softer than leather, in summer.I am wearing the Burnham Mules in Midnight, they also come in very pretty Tan colours:
Wider fitting shoes:
Van- Dal also produce wider fitting sizes, as buying shoes and boots in wide fittings can be a challenge. So Van Dal have provided you with a helpful wide fitting shoes
Van -Dal Shoe Buying guide; some useful advice…
- When buying a new pair of shoes, the golden rule is to buy what fits, not what is written on the box end label.
- Many ladies have several size of clothes in their wardrobe, say 12, 14 & 16. This is the same for shoes, different makes or styles may mean you could have 5, 5.5 or 6 in your collection.
- The size you think you are is a starting point, a guide, to purchasing your new shoes.
- Your feet will be bulkier at the end of the day, than at the beginning, so make allowances for this.
- Always try the new shoes on in a standing position, rather than sitting down, and walk around in them to ensure they do not slip at the heel. If this happens, go down half a size.
My Style likes and dislikes:
In case you were interested here is a list of my personal likes and dislikes;
- Casual classic style, ie. Levi 501’s with a white shirt.
- Black is and will forever be a favourite colour of mine as it can be worn anytime, anywhere.
- I love, love, love suede shoes.
- I adore linen in summer and pairing ditsy liberty prints with denim. Put them all together in one outfit and I’m happy.
- My knitwear to contain real wool.
- Man made fabrics that give you static shocks.
- Ruffles, frills and large prints – unless they are made by Stine Goya!
- High heels, I think that one may be age related?
- Jumpers that are badly constructed as in ‘cut’ from pieces of fabric and sewn together, as opposed to being knitted into shape and then sewn. Far more luxurious and always a better fit.
- Skinny or tight jeans (I mean no offense, its just my personal opinion )
More style posts you may enjoy.
A few of my favourite things: Fragrance from And Other Stories
Find me On Instagram Pinterest & Facebook
Previously On LDJ . . .
- Down by the Sea A Clever Crochet Blanket
- Dry January Notes on how to survive it
- Nelly Jacket By Juliana Martejevs How I sewed Mine
- Bath and Body Gift Guides £5 – £99
- Vintage Fabric & Sewing A Liberty Pattern
- Home Fragrance 19 Candles A Christmas Gift Guide