How would you describe your personal style of dressing? It is not something I often think about but the subject came up in a conversation last week. It made me think long and hard, I even clicked through some of my old outfit posts there are some horrors in there, talk about evolving style! I love to ‘mix and mash‘ and prefer to wear clothes by brands like Baukjen that do the same. So, to cut a long story short; I am a classically casual ‘jeans and a nice top’ girl and I always will be…
…to cut a long story short, I am a classically casual, ‘jeans and a nice top’ girl and always will be.
Checking out a large Rook just above my head – I’m terrified of birds!
Wearing Baukjen again!
The classic Boyfriend Jeans
Did you see me wearing my Baukjen boyfriend jeans on the beach?Soft and comfy they wash up a treat. Please dont tell anyone but I didn’t even iron them.
The Jasmine Blouse:
Last Sunday I took my boyfriend jeans and my old man (with the camera) for a stroll in our local bluebell woods. This time I teamed them with this pretty Jasmine blouse.
Appropriately, this delicately pretty Georgette fabric blouse, has bluebells and other meadow flora featured on the hand painted print. Semi-transparent, its cleverly lined for modesty at the front and left sheer on the sleeves and back.
Cool, comfortable and smart enough to wear to the pub afterwards for tea!
Semi-transparent, its cleverly lined for modesty at the front and left sheer on the sleeves and back.
Van-Dal Burnham leather mules in Midnight Suede
Did I mention I adore suede shoes? Always my first choice so much softer than leather, in summer.I am wearing the Burnham Mules in Midnight, they also come in very pretty Tan colours:
Wider fitting shoes:
Van- Dal also produce wider fitting sizes, as buying shoes and boots in wide fittings can be a challenge. So Van Dal have provided you with a helpful wide fitting shoes Buyers Guide, read more here.
Van -Dal Shoe Buying guide; some useful advice…
- When buying a new pair of shoes, the golden rule is to buy what fits, not what is written on the box end label.
- Many ladies have several size of clothes in their wardrobe, say 12, 14 & 16. This is the same for shoes, different makes or styles may mean you could have 5, 5.5 or 6 in your collection.
- The size you think you are is a starting point, a guide, to purchasing your new shoes.
- Your feet will be bulkier at the end of the day, than at the beginning, so make allowances for this.
- Always try the new shoes on in a standing position, rather than sitting down, and walk around in them to ensure they do not slip at the heel. If this happens, go down half a size.
My Style likes and dislikes:
In case you were interested here is a list of my personal likes and dislikes;
- Casual classic style, ie. Levi 501’s with a white shirt.
- Black is and will forever be a favourite colour of mine as it can be worn anytime, anywhere.
- I love, love, love suede shoes.
- I adore linen in summer and pairing ditsy liberty prints with denim. Put them all together in one outfit and I’m happy.
- My knitwear to contain real wool.
- Man made fabrics that give you static shocks.
- Ruffles, frills and large prints – unless they are made by Stine Goya!
- High heels, I think that one may be age related?
- Jumpers that are badly constructed as in ‘cut’ from pieces of fabric and sewn together, as opposed to being knitted into shape and then sewn. Far more luxurious and always a better fit.
- Skinny or tight jeans (I mean no offense, its just my personal opinion )
Linking up with the fabulous Catherine At Not dressed as lamb
More style posts you may enjoy?
Don’t Forget You Can Also Find Me On Bloglovin Here & I Have A Brand New Instagram Account Too!
If You Enjoy Reading Lazy Daisy Jones Perhaps You Would Like To Sign Up Below To Receive My Weekly News Letter Containing My Latest Posts And News?[benchmark-email-lite widget_id=”2″]