That Austin Dress In a Dorset Field
These days I rarely look to see what Top Shop has to offer in the way of a new seasons collection. I admire their bags and accessories and have a few still in my wardrobe. The clothes I regard as being aimed at a younger customer, a fresh-faced customer, ones who go out on a Friday night and buy clothes for the occasion! Those days are long gone (thank goodness) Now I prefer to spend a Friday evening in the garden sipping a glass of wine and chatting to my nearest and dearest. Until that is, I spotted that Austin Dress !
That Austin Dress …
Top shop loves:
Top shop has started a ‘top Shop loves’ series and the Austin dress was the first under the spotlight. They were offering it at £39 instead of £49 my threshold for a High street buy.
You may be surprised to know I love wearing dresses. From everyday wear to a spring wedding. Versatile comfortable and stylish, dresses are ‘no brainers’ you don’t have to think of anything to wear with them, (depending on the weather) apart from shoes so what could be easier? As you can see I wore mules again!
5 Things I need from a dress as a ‘midlife girl’
- Sleeves: I need sleeves! As a woman of 55 I know that I feel far more comfortable and elegant if my upper arms are covered.
- Length: I am not tall at 5ft 6” but then neither am I short. I like an ankle grazer these days. Plus I have a long body so dresses with waists do not suit me.
- Quality: I need a lining, summer dresses can be skimpy and see through, again not attractive on a 55-year-old gal!
- Details: details, details. The details are everything.This has covered buttons and a bare back.
- Versatility: I need to be able to wear a dress for day and night occasions and just because.
The Austin Floral Print Angel Sleeves Midi dress has all the above and more….
I love the print, I love the colours, they are not too overpowering and one to take on holiday. From experience I know it doesn’t crease, I chucked it in a basket for our recent romantic break, hung it up when I arrived and not a crease in sight.
The dress has a backless triangular area, which will be cool to wear when abroad and hopefully during a UK heatwave!
Readers I bought the dress…
… and when I wore it to dinner during our midweek break at the Pig Hotel, I felt great. A cardi was needed when we sat outside with our coffee, but then again it is still April!
Unfortunately the Austin floral print dress has sold out but there are a few available in the black and white star print:
Plus I have an offer code for you too! Simply click here to shop and add the code SAVE20 at checkout to save 20% off full price items.
Older Posts you may have missed!
Don’t Forget You Can Also Find Me On Bloglovin Here & I Have Started A Brand NewToo!
If You Enjoy Reading Lazy Daisy Jones Perhaps You Would Like To Sign Up Below To Receive My Weekly News Letter Containing My Latest Posts And News?