Did you buy or receive a beauty advent calendar this year? I was lucky in that Marc bought me a Marks and Spencer’s beauty advent calendar for the second year in a row. Next year I will try something new. I realise advent calendars are still going and there are 5 days still to open. I wanted to catch you early, before you throw them away, perhaps you could recycle them and use as decorations or mini gift boxes for next year?
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””]…perhaps you could recycle them and use as decorations or mini gift boxes for next year?[/perfectpullquote]
How I recycled My Beauty Advent calendar:
If you follow me on Instagram and you may have seen my stories? I have been previewing the products from my M&S beauty advent calendar. I prepared everything in advance, because I knew I wouldn’t have any spare time in the run up to Christmas!
I had a box of empty boxes and was wondering what to do with them, when Ryobi got in touch with me to ask if I would like to join in with their Christmas craft challenge. One thing led to another and I came up with this simple idea and set to work…
The BIG IDEA why not get the kids to help too?
You could wrap and decorate the boxes and use as trees decorations for next year. Or you could wrap them ready for an alternative advent and fill with small gifts or sweets! Even better get the kids to wrap them!
1. Wrap your boxes
If you want to use your boxes as tree decorations, then just wrap as normal, if you want to use them as gift boxes for a new advent calendar then make sure you leave a flap open for access. We used newspaper because we recycle everything in our house.
2. Decorate your boxes.
This is where my new Ryobi 18V one +glue gun came in very handy. I asked for Marc’s help and together we made 25 mini Pompoms to decorate the boxes. The next day I had great fun fixing them on with the glue gun, so fast and easy to use…
(Warning the glue gets hot! not suitable for young children.)
The Ryobi 18V one+ Glue Gun
- Cordless glue gun, ideal for use on a wide selection of materials such as paper, cardboard, textiles, leather, plastic, wood, metal, cork or stone
- Two-finger trigger for enhanced control
- 3 minute warm up means you’re ready to glue in next to no time
- Compatible with any brand of 11mm diameter all-purpose and high strength adhesives
- Includes 3 glue sticks
3. Stash for next year or add them to your tree.
How simple was that? no waste, and all ready for next year. You will thank me when you find them next year, all prepped & ready for a new advent calendar gift. Why not fill them with sweets, or even better chocolates?
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””]How simple was that? no waste, and all ready for next year. You will thank me when you find them next year, all prepped & ready for a new advent calendar gift.[/perfectpullquote]
This is our little twiggy tree, it comes out every year and we keep it natural and simple…Marc even made the tealight holders from some branches:
Why Not Have A Look At My Archives And Catch Up On My Old Posts!
OR FIND ME ON BLOGLOVIN &
Posts you may have missed in December?
- Tue, 18th: Gifting & sharing Inspiration #2
- Thu, 13th: Outlander Inspired Vintage Plaid Skirt
- Tue, 11th: Gifted To Me & Shared With You #1
- Sun, 9th: Dear Santa 5 things I Really, Really Want For Christmas
- Sat, 8th: Lately, 5 things we got up to in November 2018
- Thu, 6th: 5 Reasons Why You Should Refresh Your Blog Every Season
- Tue, 4th: Trying To Live A More Sustainable Life + A Giveaway.
If You Liked This Post Then Do Sign Up To My Email Lists Via The Form Below. You Will Receive My Latest Lifestyle Posts Straight To Your Inbox.