Outlander Inspired Vintage Plaid Skirt
Outlander series 4 is presently being shown on Amazon Prime. It airs on American TV on the previous Sunday and we then catch it on the Monday. I spend my Monday ‘lunch hour’ glued to the TV. It is my favourite programme. Books are always best but this adaptation faithfully follows the original stories with only a few detours. My Mum introduced me to the books by Diana Galbadon a few years ago. So you can imagine how delighted we both were when the series began filming for TV in 2014.
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””]…you can imagine how delighted we both were when the series began filming for TV in 2014.[/perfectpullquote]
Outlander Inspired Style:
Now dont worry I will not be wearing a cloak or a cape or explaining how to lace up a corset in this post (bottom to top if you must know) I will be wearing tartan aka check or plaid depending on your ethnic origins.
Peter Robinson Vintage Skirt
Peter Robinson was a fabulous department store at Oxford Circus London. They introduced Top Shop to the world in the seventies. It is the same building that Top Shop is in today. Peter Robinson is still owned by the Arcadia group but the name faded from the store front sometimes in the early 80’s. When I was a 15 year old teenager it was the place to head for on a day out in London.
Whilst rummaging through the rails of a charity store in Gloucestershire recently I found this vintage skirt, with its Peter Robinson label intact. It brought back so many memories. It was a woven tartan pattern, contained wool and was a true vintage item. At approx £6 it was also a bargain so inspired by my love of all things Outlander I snapped it up and took it home with me.
Styling vintage is easy if you mix it with modern pieces already in your wardrobe. I have written many posts on how I style my vintage finds so I can wear them in my every day life. I knew it needed an over-sized piece of knitwear and some knee length boots, luckily I had both in my wardrobe…
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””]So what do you think? I like to think the ‘Jamie and Claire’ would approve![/perfectpullquote]
I styled it with:
- Old jumper from Zara I found a similar coloured chunky knits available from Mango
- Leather Knee high Boots from Pavers
[perfectpullquote align=”full” bordertop=”false” cite=”” link=”” color=”” class=”” size=””]If any crazy Outlander Cherokee dresses up as a bear and attacks my home I’ll hit him with my handbag![/perfectpullquote]
Posts you may have missed from December 2018
- Tue, 11th: Gifted To Me & Shared With You #1
- Sun, 9th: Dear Santa 5 things I Really, Really Want For Christmas
- Sat, 8th: Lately, 5 things we got up to in November 2018
- Thu, 6th: 5 Reasons Why You Should Refresh Your Blog Every Season
- Tue, 4th: Trying To Live A More Sustainable Life + A Giveaway.
Find me On Instagram Pinterest & Facebook
Previously On LDJ . . .
- Trend Patterns Sewing The Hood
- Nail Colour A Spring Summer Trend
- February 2023 6 Things Tried, Bought & Loved
- Cargo Pants For Women Easier Than Jeans!
- Texture Using your Sewing Machine to Create Detail
- His & Hers Valentines Day Inspiration