A rather exciting title dont you think? Reminds me of all those Shirley Conran and Jilly Cooper novels… gin, ruffles and a cornfield! Steady on now girls, let me explain. The large pink gin was sipped by me at the pub. A reward after our hot and sticky photo shoot. Marc took pics of me wearing this very pretty ruffled blouse from the new collection by J D Williams. He had a Beer by the way and we both skipped lunch and had an early dinner.
Reminds me of all those Shirley Conran and Jilly Cooper novels… gin, ruffles and a cornfield! Steady on now girls!
The Corn Field
This particular one is a walkable distance from our house, but it was so hot we drove. Dorset is looking as beautiful as ever, even in a drought. A lot of the fields have been harvested already, the combines and tractors are out in full force. Driving is slow going in Dorset during the harvest Season but doesn’t it look picturesque ? I think it sets off the ruffled blouse very nicely!
Driving is slow going in Dorset during the harvest Season but doesn’t it look picturesque ?
The Ruffled Blouse
By JD Williams. you probably know by now much of a fan I am? Superb quality, attention to detail and sensible prices. Plus a very inclusive size range too.
The Vintage Bag
I found this beautiful basket bag on Etsy, it came all the way from America and must date as far as I can tell from the Label and the styling from the late 60’s early seventies. I love it, but it is quite heavy, so I try to pack minimally, ie my phone, a lipstick, a mini hair brush and my bank card…
The Pink Gin
It was a Sipsmith with a mediterranean fevertree tonic, lots of ice, a splash of bitters and topped off with thick slices of pink Grapefruit… it’s my fave tipple this summer! It makes me happy even before I’ve taken my first sip!
I am a jeans girl and there is nothing I like better than wearing a pretty ruffled blouse with my new Zara flared Jeans.
- Features delicate ruffle detailing to the front.
- Available in a print and a plain, sits at 26 inches at the lower hip.
- Wear with flats or heels for the perfect day to night look.
- Length 26in/66cm.
- Machine washable.
- Sizes 10-32
I am a jeans girl and there is nothing I like better than wearing a pretty ruffled blouse with my new Zara flared Jeans. How would you wear it? I also have a beautiful pair of trousers to go with it, but I fancied dressing it down today as we were only going to the pub…
We are still eating Salads with every meal as it’s far too hot for roasts, but I can’t wait to have one very soon…Happy Sunday to you, have a good one!
Post from July 2018 that you may have missed
- Fri, 20th: Next Christmas House, A/W18 Fashion Preview & Talk.
- Wed, 18th: Palazzo Pants Are So Cool In The Heat + Blooper
- Mon, 16th: Macramé Plant Hanger #2 Diy Garden Project
- Thu, 12th: 5 Facial Sprays Keeping Me Cool In The Heatwave
- Tue, 10th: Nothing New That Kimono Is On Repeat
- Sun, 8th: How to Graffiti your Garden Shed with Banksy
- Thu, 5th: Pink and Black on my Industrial Ziito Clothes Rail
- Wed, 4th: Lately 5 things I got up to in June 2018
- Mon, 2nd: Wearing A Pink Dress In a Field It Must Be Summer!
Have a look at my other style posts for more inspo or a good laugh! Ooh my goodness some of the older ones make me cringe.
Check out the LDJ Home Page for all the latest posts.