When ever I used to read about the Kimono trend I would wrinkle my nose, I didn’t think it was for me. I thought I would look as if I was wearing a dressing gown! Or that a kimono would swamp me?
As with any trend it is all about adapting it to suit yourself, your personal style and your body shape.
How wrong I was! As with any trend it is all about adapting it to suit yourself, your personal style and your body shape. I have worn and worn this Kimono jacket…
Why I love this Kimono
- More like a ‘duster coat’ than a kimono,
- No wide sleeves,
- No bulk it is lean and narrow,
- It has stripes,
- Those colours! Yellow and blue with black.
These photos are Iphone snaps from a recent summer evening at a local fairground. I thought it would be nice to share with you, to emphasis that I do wear my clothes more than once! In actual fact I have been living in this one, just right to wear in the evenings , with those summer breezes.
…AND those shoes are over 23 years old perfect for strolling around dusty fields…
What have you been wearing on repeat in this current heatwave? I’d love to know…
I’m also living in dresses, I am finding they are the coolest things to wear right now.
This is the original post I wrote when I wore my Kimono out for a casual sunday supper Boho Style!
July Post you may have missed?
- Sun, 8th: How to Graffiti your Garden Shed with Banksy
- Thu, 5th: Pink and Black on my Industrial Ziito Clothes Rail
- Wed, 4th: Lately 5 things I got up to in June 2018
- Mon, 2nd: Wearing A Pink Dress In a Field It Must Be Summer!