Magnivision readers are a new discovery for me. If your eyesight is not as good as it used to be for close up work and you wear glasses, read on this post is for you…
I started to wear glasses when I was 45. It was the year I finally admitted to myself that my eyesight was fading
Its my Age…
I started to wear glasses when I was 45. It was the year I finally admitted to myself that my eyesight was fading. I found it almost impossible to crochet, sew or read a book especially in the evenings. All of these things I love to do, so I popped along to get my eyes tested and came away with a smart pair of glasses.
My story doesn’t stop there, getting used to glasses after a lifetime of not having to wear them was hard. It was a big life changing experience for me and one that comes with age to most of us.
Fast forward 10 years and I am very happy with my varifocals and wear them most of the time, I have tried contact lens and wear them occasionally but prefer my glasses.
So what is my problem do I hear you ask?
My problem is I only have one pair of glasses and these I constantly mislay or leave in strange places, therefore, there are times when I feel completely blind and extremely helpless without them. Do you do that too? I think its another age related thing. It’s called going ‘doolally’ !
Magnivision Micro Readers.
Magnivision readers to the rescue. Small enough to keep in the tiniest of handbags or even a pocket. They even come complete with a cute pink, hard case that has a built in mirror (very handy for lipstick checking and application). they unfold into lightweight normal readers.
I have the Gwendolyn Matte Pink pair: A Satin pink frame and temples with shiny gunmetal extendable arms.
Case Size: Height = 7cm, Width = 3.5cm, Depth = 2cm
They come in these magnifications : +1.50, +2.00, +2.50, +3.0
Micro Reader Specifications:
Lens Width: 48mm
Nose Bridge: 21mm
Temple Arm: 127mm
They have saved the day for me many times recently. Even at home, for instance have you ever settled in for the evening tucked yourself up on the sofa spread out your stuff only to realise your glasses are upstairs?
I did this recently I was settling in for a crochet session and couldn’t see the stitches, luckily I had my micro readers with me…
So I can highly recommend a pair of these for your handbag, you will thank me for it the next time you go out to dinner and you forget your glasses!
April posts you may have missed:
- Sun, 29th: Sunday Coffee in Wimborne Wearing Laura Ashley
- Fri, 27th: The Stories Behind the Scenes of 5 Instagram Images
- Mon, 23rd: Sunday Memories a Riverside Stroll a Floral Dress & Vionic Shoes
- Sat, 21st: If My Hair Looks Great I Can Tackle The World, thanks to Clairol Nice’n Easy
- Thu, 19th: Summer Pastels, Lavender is the New Lilac
- Tue, 17th: Boot Fairs Season Has Started & We Found Treasure
- Sun, 15th: Beauty Review Video: Puriface Sheet Masks and 3 Hair Thickening Products
- Fri, 13th: On Being In Woman And Home Magazine Why It Means So Much To Me
- Wed, 11th: Moroccan Style Crochet Cushion Cover
- Mon, 9th: 3 Ways to Wear Silver Shoes Casual, Smart & Classic
- Sat, 7th: 5 Outfits for Everyday Casual Wear Flat Lay style!
- Thu, 5th: The Results are in! 2 Clarins Revamped Skin Care Products Reviewed
- Tue, 3rd: Lately 5 things I got up to in March 2018
Have a great week!