Have you noticed that Macramé is having a huge revival. An old craft that has been brought up to date and is very much on trend for interiors inside and out. As a child of the 70’s I grew up with Macrame (Note to self, I must remember to add that acute ‘e’ on the end)
If you are a regular reader of LDJ you are probably aware that every once in a while I like to ‘get my craft on’ The process goes like this…
My Creative Process
I awake in the middle of the night with an idea, hastily scrawl a few lines in book kept for this purpose by the side of our bed. I then try to get back to sleep, I’m usually unsuccessful. The next day, after completing the morning chores, I gather the things I need and start to turn the ideas into reality.
Until I am finished and my latest project is complete, I find it hard to focus on anything else. Ask my nearest and dearest what I am like when an idea takes hold of me and they will tell you exactly the same thing!
Macramé Hanging Tealight Holder
Until I am finished and my latest project is complete, I find it hard to focus on anything else.
- Old wooden curtain ring.
- Old ikea storage jar that had lost its lid.
- Plastic twine bought for very little money at a sunday boot fair.
Keep it simple with a half Knot
A continuous ‘Half Knot’ turns into a spiral cord. Exactly what I wanted for my jam jar tealight holder. I then overlapped the remaining cords and tied normal knots to hold the jar securely.
Turns out it’s like riding a bike, you never forget!
My textile teacher at school was a wonderful woman and taught me many skills that I still use today. Macrame being one of them. I was obsessed with it in the late 70’s and made wall hangings for everyone as gifts.
I wondered if I would remember how to do it? Turns out it’s like riding a bike, you never forget!
Where to find Macramé Information:
I found a good site called Free Macrame patterns.Com that explains it all very well. Lots of good books on Amazon too I love the look of this one
I think I need to make another it’s always nice to have a pair.
My latest macramé idea turned out quite nicely, I am very happy with it. So what do you think of my latest craft idea? I think I need to make another it’s always nice to have a pair.
- Tue, 22nd: Where Did You Get That Basket Bag?
- Fri, 18th: A Magical Hour With Florence Balducci At Anthropologie London
- Tue, 15th: My New BFF is a Bosch Unlimited Vacuum Cleaner
- Sun, 13th: Sometimes it’s OK to be Less Than Perfect!
- Fri, 11th: Nude Lipsticks & New Makeup Tools Reviewed
- Thu, 10th: Our Kitchen 2014-2018 the story so far
- Tue, 8th: New Damart Floral Blazer a Vintage Bag & Old Jeans
- Fri, 4th: Beauty Review St Tropez 1 Min Gradual Tan + Video
- Thu, 3rd: Lately 5 Things I got Up To In April 2018
- Tue, 1st: My Magnivision Readers Save the Day Again