Something I ask myself at least once a week and perhaps you should too is ‘Why should people visit your blog ?’ I read the phrase somewhere online and it resonated with me. So much so, I printed it out and hung it above my desk. I can see it as I type every post. A constant reminder of why I write my blog…
1. Why Do You Write Your Blog?
If like me you have been blogging for a few years, it is easy to forget why you started blogging in the first place. Sometimes I find, it is good to step back, reconfigure and go back to the beginning. Ask yourself why you started to write your blog, make a list, try for at least 5 things…
Here is my list.
- To entertain and inspire.
- As a way of recording my daily life (ie. an online journal)
- To connect and share with like minded folk.
- It is my passion, I love my blog.
- To learn new things, challenge myself to get out of my comfort zone.
The other 2 big questions to ask yourself:
These are harder to answer…believe me I am still trying!
2. What do I provide that cannot be found elsewhere?
Think about it? This is usually the main reason people visit your blog. Are people visiting your blog because they are genuinely interested in what you have to say? Or is there another reason? Perhaps they love your images and your sense of humour?
3. What is my blog’s unique proposition?
Retailers call this your USP or your ‘Unique Selling Point’ What is yours?
I believe mine is the fact that I am 54. Therefore I have my personal life experience to pass on, as well as all my ideas and my creativity. My Blog Lazy Daisy Jones has a ‘boho fashion’ vibe and style, with a love of all things quirky and colourful. I sew and crochet and have many life stories to share…
Lazy Daisy Jones has a ‘boho fashion’ vibe and style, with a love of all things quirky and colourful. I sew and crochet and have many life stories to share…
How these questions can help you in the future.
Have you ever thought about applying these questions to your blog? When you find your answers, they will help you with the direction of your blog and may even help you to explore some new and original content ideas.
Remember there is no right or wrong answer!
As I mentioned at the beginning it is easy to lose direction with your blog.The years fly by and our lives change. By asking myself these 3 simple questions, I stay on track and keep my blog relevant. I hope!
Remember Blogging is about starting a conversation!
So grab a notebook and pen and get listing!
Some of my Favourite blogging/reference books:
- The Million Dollar Blog.
- 365 Blog Topic Ideas.
- Brand Brilliance.
- How to style your Brand
- One hour content planner.
I do hope this has made you think about why you write your blog? Let me know in the comments below?
More February Posts to read:
- Thu, 22nd: Lately 5 Things I got up to in January 2018
- Mon, 19th: How I found Calm & Inspiration with a Tetra Cascade Globe
- Fri, 16th: I am ‘designing’ aka planning a dressing room
- Thu, 15th: Purple Jumpsuit and a minor Disaster
- Tue, 13th: Valentine Cookies for Dogs Whatever Next?
- Sat, 10th: Etsy Personalised Jewellery 12 Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
- Fri, 2nd: The Fashion Trend I will NOT be Embracing in 2018
Have a great weekend!
PS linking up with Catherines #saturdayshare today!