Instagram I have three accounts and I learn something new from each of them every day…
I do believe we should always be open to learning no matter how old you are and even if you are considered an expert in your field, there is always room to learn more!
Instagram, a few things I have learnt:
6 Insta things I try to do every day.
- Post once a day.
- Reply to comments and answer any questions.
- Share and credit others.
- Take photos to post for the next week.
- Discover new hashtags and use them.
- Keep my pics bright and cheerful.
5 Insta things I don’t and won’t do.
- Talk to someone else on a feed and ignore the host (so rude)
- Follow someone I don’t know, just because they followed me. I follow people I know and accounts that inspire, plus I change these when I get bored. Apologies in advance its not personal!
- I will never complain or be negative online. Positivity rules!
- Post badly lit photos. (Ok I try not too)
- Post pictures of my family. Social media is an ever changing whirlwind, my family is my sanctuary and I want to keep them to myself.
Instagram clichés I am guilty of:
- Flatlays with pretty embroidery scissors, lying open.
- Matching my manicure with my coffee cups
- Matching my crochet hooks to my yarn (yep!)
- Pictures of my shoes i.e. ‘selfeets’
- The odd succulent!
Instagram Clichés I try to avoid:
- Flatlays with a crumpled grey linen tea towel.
- Flatlays with marble surfaces.
- Chopping board on a bed holding a mug of coffee (that one always always makes me nervous)
- Pictures of a keyboard and pretty notebook and pen, usually with a chanel lipstick just out of focus?
- Pink, black and white ‘dreamy’ themes (arghhhhh!)
- Aspirational quotes, enough already.
My largest and oldest account is LAZY DAISY JONES it is based on my creative lifestyle in general with crochet thrown in as a highlight.
My newest and smallest account is my over 50’s style account DAISY JONES STYLE. Here I share clothes I buy, how I wear them, and things I like, or that are on my wishlists! You will see pictures of me and lots of shoes and handbags.
My third account is my community account HANDS THAT HOOK. As you can guess its all about crochet… hands crocheting to be precise. This one was started in December 2016 and has rapidly grown to over 12K in less than 6 months.
Afterall, sharing via this wonderful Insta community and ‘meeting’ new people in your niche is what its all about, I think you will agree?
Please remember this is all just my personal opinion and it has all been written slightly tongue in cheek!
There is no right or wrong way, remember its only pictures and not real life, so do what works for you if it makes you happy.
I wrote about Instagram here too