We were there to identify some future interior trends and then try and incorporate them into my our own home decor.
DFS do this very cleverly by designing beautiful, inspiring sofas that we all can afford.
To refresh your memory here are the 5 Interior trends that were identified.
5 Interior Trends
- Burnt orange.
- Curves and cocooning.
- Casual upholstery.
We also saw greenery everywhere, foliage is taking over the world!
So, without any further waffling, would you like to see our newly decorated room?
Our new DFS Velvet 3 seater Sofa bed? Ta-dahhhh….!
We have a huge ‘burnt orange’ (this colour is called Marmalade) Chester velvet 3 seater sofa bed. How beautiful is this?
So, taking those 5 trends into consideration let’s see if I managed to incorporate them into our newly redecorated room?
- Burnt orange, TICK! this colour velvet from DFS is called Marmalade.
- Curves and cocooning, TICK! How can a chesterfield style sofa be anything other? This version has an amply padded back and oh so comfy arms, that gently cocoon you.
- Velvet, TICK! It’s so soft, it feels like silk.
- Marble, TICK! Do you see those cushions? I adore them. They are from the Topaz range in the colour of forest green marble velvet
- Casual? Well ok 4/5 is not bad. However, we have decorated the room in a casual style did you spot our graffiti art. It stops the room from taking itself too seriously don’t you think?
The rest of the pieces you can see in the room have been restored by my old man Marc. Beside the sofa is a very old silk thread retail display case. He painstakingly restored every little piece, we are now trying to collect the original threads to go in it…
Last but not least there is ‘Greenery’ lots of foliage in this room and of course that dramatic green backdrop.
I suprised myself with this choice, I am not usually a fan of a ‘highlight’ painted wall, but after looking at wall paper and not being able to make my mind up I settled on this Dulux paint colour to set off the orange. I like it, the room is still light but has a cosy feel to it now.
This is our second sitting room and we use it just for sitting and listening to music or reading, we don’t have a TV in there as that’s in the larger sitting room. This is our cosy tech free space.
My Mum who lives in Orlando will probably be the first to try the sofa bed out, she reads my blog and I think she will approve.
So tell me what do you think?
Here is a before and after…
We all love our new sofa bed!
PS I am linking up this post and joining in with Catherine, from Not lamb blog, for the #saturdaysharelinkup