A new, fun series showing you a glimpse of what the postman brought to me each month.
In July he was very busy, what with the sales and the ease of shopping online, I find its very tempting to spend these days…
What the postman brought in July…
You know the feeling you order something online, it arrives the next day, usually beautifully packaged. What do you do first? tear it open? or run and make a coffee then slowly unwrap it. I do the latter, I love unwrapping parcels, even if I ordered it myself. The best bit is when you see a little peek of what you bought and it looks perfect..
I’ve chosen six things to share with you, there was a lot more believe me, but these are my favourites…
The first is from a favourite shop of mine…it was a new quilted jacket bought in the sales plus a divine smelling bath/shower wash. also in the sale. I cant bare paying postage for just one thing, so I always ‘chuck in’ another item and add it to my basket. Oops
Do you see the little tigers on the jacket?
Second is a pair of Zodiac mugs designed by Jane Foster for Make International. One for Marc the Virgo and one for me a Libra.
Third is some yarn fromagain this was on sale, a lovely chunky cotton, I plan on making washcloths for gifts, I’m loving those colours.
Fourth, is a kit fromyou can crochet your own espadrilles. My chosen colour is grey because it goes with everything. I haven’t attempted them yet, I must get a move on before the Summer changes to autumn…
* Fifth is more yarn, but with a BIG difference this stuff is huge and oh sooo soft. It comes at a very reasonable price, compared to other super chunky yarns this one is from * Woolly Mahoosive (love that name) it comes in a wonderful choice of colours too.
The yarn is perfect for my 25mm crochet hook. I cant wait to start hooking, but its just too hot at the moment, it keeps sticking to my hands.
* Sixth on my list is another kit, but not just any other kit, this is a Crochet Tropea Cardigan kit * from We are Knitters If you are a yarny fan, then you must take a minute and check out their site, its lots of fun and very, very easy to spend your money, you have been warned!
The Tropea cardigan kit comes with a choice of yarn, the pattern, and a tapestry needle. you only need three colours and they work out the amounts for you. I chose the peruvian cotton. Now this one is the softest cotton I have ever felt, it doesn’t split and is easy to crochet, as you can see from the pics, i have already started this one but I have a long way to go!
So can you tell me what the postman brought you in July?
Want to read more of my July posts for 2016
- Fri, 29th: Baby Shoes to crochet: book review and giveaway!
- Thu, 28th: Iconic lights: our new 3 legged Rustic wooden floor lamp
- Mon, 25th: On trend: pom pom Basket Love
- Sun, 24th: Diy holiday project, a summer hat makeover
- Tue, 19th: Your makes, girls dresses from simplicity 8087
- Wed, 13th: House Plants A Chlorophytum Comosum Trend Revival!
- Mon, 11th: Velvet sofa shopping list.
- Wed, 6th: Lately: a glance back at June.
- Sun, 3rd: Our Handmade upcycled fire pit