Do you like c2c crochet? If you are unaware of it, it is a crochet stitch that is worked diagonally from corner to corner, instead of row by row from right to left.
This Crochet uses treble stitches.
This method of working usually uses treble stitches because they are tall stitches and hold the pattern of the c2c together. You can use single, double or triple treble.
Check Out My Corner To corner Pics On my Instagram feed
It is a popular and fun method of crocheting. You can use plain yarn and create multi stripes, use variegated yarn and make beautiful random patterns. This also cuts down on weaving in the ends (oh those dreaded pesky ends) I am addicted to and obsessed by this method of crocheting at the moment
C2C Aka Corner to Corner Crochet: 5 Projects
I have five works in progress, Not bad eh? are you admiring my restraint? it could have been 8 but I reigned in my exuberance!
- 1. The one you may have seen the most, it was my first and I am now edging it with two shades of grey… No pattern, I am making it up as I go, using Redheart yarn in ‘Candied’
- 2. A baby blanket for a friend who is having a boy…
- This is Stylecraft yarn in various blues (aster, denim and sky?) and white.
- 3. A corner to corner cushion cover: thick and chunky texture, I love this one. Using Stylecraft weekend in ‘Dawn’
- 4. An experimental blanket, I have so many crochet plans this month. This is Redheart yarn in ‘Tidal’
- 5. Not sure what this will be yet? Again this is Redheart yarn in ‘Cappuccino’
So what do you think of corner to corner style of crochet? Have you caught the c2c bug yet?