An alternative Christmas tree
So many choices for an alternative Christmas tree these days. I can hear you asking ‘why would I need an alternative Christmas tree?’ What do you do with your Christmas tree when the festive season is over? Do you plant it, recycle it, or perhaps take it to pieces and put it back in the attic ready for next year? If you do any of these things well done to you.
However, have you noticed that some people just discard or dump their little trees? It makes me so sad!
This year we decided that we did not have room to replant a real tree in the garden (as we have done over recent years). So inspired by the Cox and Cox brochure, that showcased a similar one for forty pounds!! our solution was to make our own. I posted this tree on IG and it was very popular so I thought I would share it with you in more detail.
How we (Marc) made it:
Decide where you want to hang it first, then take a few simple measurements ie height and widest point you want the tree to reach.
We hung ours from this picture hook…
How to make Christmas tree alternatives from scraps of wood!
You will need to
- Gather twigs and sticks.
- Arrange them in descending thickness
- Cut to desired width to make a tree shape.
- You will then need some tools like these…
- Drill through ends of branch/stick.
- .Thread wire through hole and secure so stick cannot slide down (bend into a knot)
- Start at the top and attach each branch to the one above.
I sprayed a tiny bit of gold glittery paint on to it, its very subtle but added a nice glow to the branches…you can see it in some of the pics below. We then hung ours from a picture hook (a very sturdy screwed in hook) I then wove in some curly willow at this point, it helped when wrapping the lights around the branches.
Then simply add lights and decorations, to your hearts content. we added tiny pin tacks to the branches to hang extra decorations on.
Turn on the lights, stand back and absorb the magic.
Find me On Instagram Pinterest & Facebook
The Latest Stories . . .
- Skincare Rituals That Help Me Sleep Soundly at night
- 6 Fireside Accessories You Need for your fireplace
- 5 Unusual Gifts For The Difficult To Buy For
- Gifts For A Cosy Christmas With Brands That Care
- Advent Calendar Inspo for All the Family inc. the Dog!
- Sweater Weather 6 Cosy Classic Knits The Budget Edit