A Sewing Fail for Mr September . . .
Mr September and I have a running joke…Some of the things I sew end up being filed under the ‘to wear around the house’ category ie you would not wear them in public and they are a sewing fail .
Mr Septembers ‘comfy tracksuit bottoms’ are a case in point. I broke some of my own rules on this one.
Namely; never ever rush to finish and always have a final fitting session before hemming.
As a result they have the baggiest crutch I have ever seen he can pull them up very high on his waist; very Simon Cowell) and they are too short. Hilarity ensued when he put them on… so funny.
They are however, neatly made and finished and we like the colour even if they really would look better on an heavy weight elf!
He wore them to mow the lawn and will wear them ‘around the house’ from now on!
Pattern: Burda 7230
Fabric: heavy sweatshirt fleece from my stash (probably too heavy for this project)
Time taken to make: 2 hours (rushed)
Now looking at the enlargement of the pattern pic the crutch looks a little low too, don’t you think?
Maybe I can blame the pattern
A Year Of Sewing For Men. The results
- January lounging in vintage style
- February is the outdoors type
- March M is for Madness
- April is having fun at the fair
- May Gets Shirty.
- June is missing
- July Chilling Surfer Style.
- August was a mash up
- September Sewing Fail!
- October was a Beanie Bonanza
- November PJ’s
- December Frilly fun.
- A year of sewing for men
He does mow a good lawn… and he made me that little ‘industrial chic’ style table too, still needs planing and sanding but you get the idea I am sure?
Previously . . .
- Our Diy Garden Chandelier gets a seasonal update(Opens in a new browser tab)
- September 2020 In a Nutshell, Adapting Again!(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Lately 5 Things we got up to in September 2018(Opens in a new browser tab)
- A few of my crochet works in progress for September…(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Sewing for men 12 months reviewed(Opens in a new browser tab)
Find me On Instagram Pinterest & Facebook
The Latest Stories . . .
- 5 Unusual Gifts For The Difficult To Buy For
- Gifts For A Cosy Christmas With Brands That Care
- Advent Calendar Inspo for All the Family inc. the Dog!
- Sweater Weather 6 Cosy Classic Knits The Budget Edit
- Sewing Cargo Pants Billy from Tauko Magazine Issue 8
- 5 Coats & Jackets Warm Winter Sewing Inspiration