My second love is Crochet especially in winter.
Sewing is and always will be my first love. However when I go back to work next month, I will be so extraordinarily busy sewing for my day job as a ‘Wardrobe Mistress’ that when I come home and have time to chill, the last thing I will feel like doing is sewing. This is where my second love crochet comes in. Crochet is for relaxing, crochet calms me, it fills my mind with counting and stitch formations and stops me worrying about everything else. It takes up very little space and is extremely portable. Having had my ideas and projects featured several times in sewing and upcycling mags; Love sewing and Reloved magazine I was very proud to be contacted and interviewed for Inside crochet magazine this month (issue 68) under the ‘Blogs we love’ page….
Pattern designer credits from Inside crochet magazine article
In case you were wondering these are the patterns details from the pictures that feature in the write up, I crocheted them, but there were no designer credits on the page…
1. Paul the toadstool below is from a lalylala pattern on etsy I adore lalylala’s patterns simple but clever and absolutely adorable. Paul the toadstool has a removable hat and its padded like a real toadstool.
Read this post to see more of Paul the toadstool
2.The cats are from a book: ‘Hello my name is Amineko’ I have hooked up so many cats, they are adorable. They are weighted at the bottom, so you can sit them on shelves and pose them.
3.This is my own design from a couple of years ago ! A Spring-Easter wreath Inspired by a visit to a Hobbycraft press day.
Future Crochet Plans
I have my eye on this idea for an Autumn/Fall project…I will of course change colours and make it a very Lazy Daisy jones looking project. Have you seen this issue yet? Its a goody, lots of inspiration to be found…..
Find me On Instagram Pinterest & Facebook
Previously On LDJ . . .
- Trend Patterns Sewing The Hood
- Nail Colour A Spring Summer Trend
- February 2023 6 Things Tried, Bought & Loved
- Cargo Pants For Women Easier Than Jeans!
- Texture Using your Sewing Machine to Create Detail
- His & Hers Valentines Day Inspiration