May – Burda 6931
As I write this I have 55 minutes to go until the end of May. In the nick of time let me present to you Mr May. He is wearing a cotton short sleeved shirt Burda 6931
Pattern Burda 6913
Fabric 100% cotton shirting (1.5m)
Time 4 hrs. Its a quick and easy sew!
The Verdict on sewing Burda 6931
He loves his Burda style 6931 shirt and as it is an excellent fit, I plan on making another very soon. At 6ft 1″ broad shouldered with long arms. I cut to his size a 44″ chest, and everything fitted perfectly.
I enjoyed making this shirt, it was a quick and easy sew. The pattern is well cut. I do prefer to sew shirts with a collar stand. I made no attempt to pattern match, any pattern matching is accidental!
BUT in my opinion, the pattern instructions are very basic. There is no mention of stay stitching or under stitching that is vital for successful shirt sewing. Therefore if you are a beginner sewist I doubt you would be pleased with the outcome of this pattern.
Please Note: The buttonholer on the machine packed up today. I used poppers as a temporary measure.
He has promised to fix my machine and then he will have buttons, eight of them. But in actual fact he does quite like the snap fasteners.
So what do you think? Have you sewn a mans shirt yet?
A Year Of Sewing For Men. The results
- January lounging in vintage style
- February is the outdoors type
- March M is for Madness
- April is having fun at the fair
- May Gets Shirty.
- June is missing
- July Chilling Surfer Style.
- August was a mash up
- September Sewing Fail!
- October was a Beanie Bonanza
- November PJ’s
- December Frilly fun.
- A year of sewing for men
Find me On Instagram Pinterest & Facebook
The Latest Stories . . .
- Skincare Rituals That Help Me Sleep Soundly at night
- 6 Fireside Accessories You Need for your fireplace
- 5 Unusual Gifts For The Difficult To Buy For
- Gifts For A Cosy Christmas With Brands That Care
- Advent Calendar Inspo for All the Family inc. the Dog!
- Sweater Weather 6 Cosy Classic Knits The Budget Edit