Mr March is wearing Burda 7916 he wanted a casual T-shirt he could wear to the pub. I sewed this Burda 7916 version, from left over scraps of jersey. Personalised it with a stylised, appliquéd capital ‘M’ It cost nothing to make and he loves it. M is for Madness, he is a super geeky fan of the Madness nutty boys
Burda 7916 not just for young Men!
A super easy and very quick pattern to sew. I have made this several times for him Next time I will make it longer and looser, perhaps in a heavier knit jersey. I left out the hem and simply over-locked it in a contrast thread, gives it a rougher ‘raw’ look.
Question: Why the M, is it because his name is Marc, or is it because he is a Madness fan ?
Answer: Both !
A Year Of Sewing For Men. The results
I Loved sewing this Burda 7916 pattern I have made several versions
He is really getting into all this posing for his man sews! I think that secretly he enjoys it. look at all those ‘wry’ smiles!
Next month I have more time to sew, I am hoping to have the time to tackle a more structured man sew…
Previously On LDJ
Find me On Instagram Pinterest & Facebook
The Latest Stories . . .
- 5 Unusual Gifts For The Difficult To Buy For
- Gifts For A Cosy Christmas With Brands That Care
- Advent Calendar Inspo for All the Family inc. the Dog!
- Sweater Weather 6 Cosy Classic Knits The Budget Edit
- Sewing Cargo Pants Billy from Tauko Magazine Issue 8
- 5 Coats & Jackets Warm Winter Sewing Inspiration