Musings about Men’s Sewing Patterns
Men’s sewing patterns are either for the ‘youth’ or very old fashioned. How many of you have sewn a garment for your man? I feel it is an area of sewing that is unfairly neglected. We sew for ourselves all the time. We sew for our children when they are younger. From patterns to fabric, even the Burda pattern I use here has a “young” label on it.
As for fabrics I recently tried to shop for ‘boy’ fabrics but if you don’t want a moustache or sunglasses as a ‘fun’ print for boys or men, then you are left with stripes or chevrons? I have decided to try and remedy this situation. Next year I plan on setting myself a challenge, to sew at least one “Man Sew” garment per month. To Kick off my challenge. I have sewn my other half a long sleeved t-shirt in a two tone contrasting colour knit fabric. He loves it, it fits him perfectly and as a bonus he agreed to model for it!
Burda 7916 Men’s sewing pattern The Details
- Pattern: Burda 7916 was half price = £2.40
- Fabric: jersey knit 1.5m @ £9.99pm = £14.98
Total outlay = £17.48
(All other notions I already had)
You can buy cheaper elsewhere, but this is handmade and the only slave labour was mine? A very simple sew, my top tip for you – use a twin needle ballpoint needle to sew edges. looks very professional, I just need a bit more practice!
A Year Of Sewing For Men. The results
- January lounging in vintage style
- February is the outdoors type
- March M is for Madness
- April is having fun at the fair
- May Gets Shirty.
- June is missing
- July Chilling Surfer Style.
- August was a mash up
- September Sewing Fail!
- October was a Beanie Bonanza
- November PJ’s
- December Frilly fun.
- A year of sewing for men
Previously On LDJ . . .
Find me On Instagram Pinterest & Facebook
The Latest Stories . . .
- 5 Unusual Gifts For The Difficult To Buy For
- Gifts For A Cosy Christmas With Brands That Care
- Advent Calendar Inspo for All the Family inc. the Dog!
- Sweater Weather 6 Cosy Classic Knits The Budget Edit
- Sewing Cargo Pants Billy from Tauko Magazine Issue 8
- 5 Coats & Jackets Warm Winter Sewing Inspiration