Cotton Crochet Pretty Coat Hanger Covers Inspiration
I made a Cotton Crochet Coat Hanger Cover.
Pretty cotton crochet covers have been on my radar this year. Having recently came into ownership of about 10 vintage wooden coat hangers and was keen to make them look pretty with some cotton crochet covers. In hindsight, I should have used a smaller hook and and some finer cotton yarn, instead a used a dk weight and a 4mm. Nothing wrong with that but it did make my project harder and very fiddly. the pattern calls for tiny circles joined to squares and crocheted together. Using bulky yarn does not suit this pattern be warned!
Cotton Crochet Yarn
I chose Drops Muscat dk because of the glorious colours. I don’t regret my colour choices but I do regret the weight choice. A cotton crochet yarn of this type is also harder to weave in for small pieces of work such as these cotton crochet motifs.
I found this pattern in an early issue of Mollie Makes. Putting my yarn problems aside I think you will agree this is a very simple and effective pattern.
Find me On Instagram Pinterest & Facebook
The Latest Stories . . .
- 5 Coats & Jackets Warm Winter Sewing Inspiration
- What Is A Thrift flip? Something New From Old
- 5 Must-Have Sewing Tools to Elevate Your Projects
- Travel Beauty Products 5 Sustainable Essentials
- Clothes Doctor Protects & Extends The Life Of Clothes
- Summer Essentials With Fitflop & Cotton Traders