Sudden inspiration overtook me, whilst sipping my morning coffee alfresco,
…..a eureka moment maybe?
Let me explain….. I’m in the middle of my voluntary, annual costuming, of my sons WHOLE primary school…
(this year its ‘Joseph and the Technicolour Deam Coat’ and I have yet to start the coat)
I needed something inexpensive and quick to make!
Something simple, simplified…
Here is my version and a quick how to:
Do have a go if your stuck for pennies and/or time….
I used beads and yarn from my stash and this long one took approx 1 hr, a shorter one would take less time.
I used a no. 3.5mm hook, leftover cotton yarn and glass beads that had a large enough hole to thread onto yarn…and one matching pretty button.
- Thread beads onto ball of yarn with a needle.
- Better to have too many than too few…depends on length of chain, push them down the yarn.
- I used a chain of 75, as I was hooking a double bracelet, I wrapped it round my wrist twice and added a bit for the button loop.You could make a necklace or a single bracelet?
- at the end of the chain make a loop slightly smaller than your button and slip stitch into chain.
- crochet a row of double crochet (sc for us. crocheters) to end.
- Turn chain 3 (counts as 1 treble) bring up a bead from the line on the yarn.
7. The next treble will have a bead added.. so yrh. through stitch and pull up yarn as usual (3 stitches on hook) as you put the yarn round hook for next stage of treble include the bead too, then complete treble as normal.
8. *2 tr into next 2 stitches then a beaded treble, continue from * until end of row. pic no. 8 shows front view of bracelet.(rs)
9. Back view and side you are working on.(ws)
10. continue to end.
11. Front view (rs)
12. complete by turning and ch1 then crochet a single row of dc to end, fasten off , sew on button.
……..this one could also be worn as a necklace, or a head band….?
….may I add I have been as usual, inspired by lots of magazines and blogs and pictures of beaded crochet lately….but I haphazardly made this up as I went along this morning…
now I really must get the washing on and out…
bestest weekend wishes to you all…its going to be a hot one!