I have recently noticed that everyone is using printers trays to store their tiny treasures in. Wonderful if you have one, but could be expensive and/or frustrating if you don’t. Here is my alternative idea. An Ikea hack using an old cutlery tray. Would you like to see how I did It?
For This Ikea Hack you will need;
The Details for a successful DIY Ikea Hack . . .
The How To;
- If you can remove the backing and separate, it will make your life so much easier!
- Use the frame to draw around for the paper back shapes.
- Overlap the edges when you stick, the frame will cover the joins later
- Whilst you are waiting for the glue to dry you can rub down and paint the frame.
- Use 2 or 3 coats for a perfect finish.
It should now be looking something like this?
Note the empty vintage wooden cotton reels, I use them to keep ribbons and binding on. The little photo is a picture of my father. I used to have have a thing for swans….
A slightly different angle of my favourite room in the whole world.
PS. An update and a recent picture….This project now resides in the spare room and has just been featured in Reloved Magazine. June issue 2015.
Read about our latest Ikea Hack in our En-suite Bathroom
Find me On Instagram Pinterest & Facebook
Previously On LDJ . . .
- Down by the Sea A Clever Crochet Blanket
- Dry January Notes on how to survive it
- Nelly Jacket By Juliana Martejevs How I sewed Mine
- Bath and Body Gift Guides £5 – £99
- Vintage Fabric & Sewing A Liberty Pattern
- Home Fragrance 19 Candles A Christmas Gift Guide