‘Tis the season of winter colds and teacher’s gifts. So here is an easy and quick DIY tutorial for you that combines the two. I have kept it very very simple…
How about making Tissue covers?
For those packs of Kleenex you keep in your handbag. You can hand sew or use the machine, it is up to you!
Perfect for using up scraps of fabric too…..
You will need:
A pack of mini tissues (I buy the multi packs from the supermarket at this time of year)
Scraps of fabrics, piece of paper, scissors or rota blade, any trims are optional.
1. Mark and cut out a rectangular template from a sheet of paper or card measuring 10 x 15cms.
2. Use this to cut out 4 pieces of fabric, (they dont all have to be the same fabric)
3. Place two of the pieces back to back or ‘wrong sides together’ these will be the lining and the base.
4. fold the remaining pieces each in half as shown above.
5. Lay the folded pieces on top of the rectangles.
Top tip: The folded top of your covers should be laying face down, so they will be the right way up when you turn right side out!
6. Sew all the way around the edge, trim corners, turn right side out and press.
Fill with tissues…and gift away!
Any questions? please ask about anything you are not sure of and I will answer in the comments. Do let me know if you make any?
Ps I kept the blue daisy one for myself!